Whether at the mic, camera, or console, Randy’s life work has always been about communication. He grew up with a love of music, speech and storytelling from his dad, broadcaster Hal Kemp, then carried on the tradition working on-air and behind-the-scenes in all aspects of broadcast since 1968.
Randy opened his own studio, RK1 in 1997, producing countless award-winning radio, TV, video and film projects. But even greater than his credentials, he has created a place where people feel heard, inspired and taken care of – carrying on the tradition of great communication, sound and story, just like part of the family.
- Active Member of The American Advertising Federation
- Past President of OKC Ad Club
- Former Governor of the AAF 10th District
- Co-Chair of The Southwest Advertising Hall of Fame
- Voice of UCO Broncho Football
- Boat Guy, Golfer, Grandpa, and always… Storyteller
“Randy is the consummate audio creative. Every time I’m in a session with Randy, my audio always ends up better than I envisioned. A true professional, Randy has a knack for making your ideas better.”
– Steve Sturges / Visual Image Advertising
Matt has built his own reputation for being an outstanding sound engineer, voice actor and musician. He’s Randy’s son (we told you it was a family tradition) and the third generation of Kemps to work in the industry.
Matt’s specialty is writing and recording original music with KEMPMUSIK, creating jingles and custom music pieces heard on radio and tv across the nation. His passion is producing EPs and albums for solo artists and bands. As a classically trained musician with nearly 20 years experience himself, Matt has performed with all kinds of ensembles as a guitarist, bassist, and drummer.
- Past President of the Oklahoma Blues Society
- Host of The Sunday Night Blues Cruise / 104.5FM KRXO, OKC
- Oklahoma Media Network’s “Best Audio Engineer 2010”
- Former Faculty Member at The Academy of Contemporary Music at UCO
- Motorcycle Guy, Camper, Concert-Goer, and always… all about the music
"Recording at the RK-1 studio with Matt Kemp made my album, Tribute to the Biker, everything I expected. I found professional attitudes and lots of fun working in a peer related atmosphere. I would recommend the RK-1 studio to any musician looking for that extra attention when recording, Matt Kemp rocks!"
– Roland Bowling / The Roland Bowling Band
Chili joined the RK1 Studios family in 2014, and is very well suited for his role as official studio concierge. He's a Jackabee, which means he is half Jack Russell Terrier, and half Beagle. Clients are often surprised by his calm demeanor and enjoy how he makes sessions a little more fun just by hanging around. He's an aspiring voice actor, and his bark has been featured on multiple TV commercials! Chili loves going on walks, chasing rabbits, and tummy rubs. Good Boy!
"Chili is the coolest dog ever. He's super quiet when we record and only barks on command. He's just super chill, and its really relaxing to be able to pet him while we're between takes or mixing a tune."
– Ryan Sneed, session player and multi instrumentalist